Sunday, October 21, 2007

Personalistic Followership

Followership, the other half of the leadership equation, needs to be considered. A common discussion in the leadership classes over the past year dealt with the meaning of work. What is the meaning of work. Some has suggested work as a means to vacation and income. To some, work is a necessarily evil. For personalism, work is personal. This means that work aides the personal development of the person and promotes the common good of society. With perspective of work, going in on Monday is not a terrible sentence. It really has the opposite effect. I consider Monday my favorite work day because I am well rested to do my best forming my character and giving something to building up the culture in which I live.

Money becomes an added benefit that allows me to continue my personal development in this manner. Check out Alan Herbert's vision for Hollister Incorporated. This is a pretty good incorporation of these principles.

No comments: